The activity of SOD was measured by WST-1 method in this kit and the principles of the WST-1 is as follows. Xanthine Oxidase (XO) can catalyze WST-1 react with O2 to generate a water-soluble formazan dye. SOD can catalyze the disproportionation of superoxide anions, so the reaction can be inhibited by SOD, and the activity of SOD is negatively correlated with the amount of formazan dye. Therefore, the activity of SOD can be determined by the colorimetric analysis of WST-1 products.
The kit is used for the determination of SOD in serum, plasma, cerebrospinal fluid, pleural effusion, ascites, renal dialysis fluid, urine, semen, red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, myocardial cells, tumor cells and a variety of plant and animal tissues and cells, subcellular level (mitochondria and microsome) can be tested by this kit.
1. Suitable for mammalian cells
2. The Superoxide Dismutase Activity kit is designed to quantitatively measure SOD activity in a variety of samples
Component：1. SOD sample preparation solution 50 ml
2. SOD detection buffer 50 ml
3. WST-1 800 μl
4. The enzyme solution 100 μl
5. Reaction initiating solution (40×) 60 μl
Storage： -20℃. Protect from light.
Shelf Life：Store at -20℃ for 1 year.