GelRed is an ultra sensitive, extremely stable and environmentally safe fluorescent nucleic acid dye designed to replace the highly toxic ethidium bromide (EtBr) for staining dsDNA, ssDNA or RNA in agarose gels or polyacrylamide gels.
1. Safer than EtBr: non-mutagenic and non-hazardous for disposal
2. Much more sensitive than EtBr and SYBR Safe
3. Stable at room temperature and microwavable
4. Simple precast or post-electrophoresis gel staining, no destaining
5. Replaces EtBr with no change to equipment or optical settings
6. Compatible with downstream gel purification, restriction digest, sequencing, and cloning
Storage： 4℃. Protect from light
Shelf Life：Store at 4℃ for 2 years.